FITCHBURG COMMUNITY BLOOD DRIVE
Fitchburg Fire Station No. 2
Save the Date:
Friday, April 29th 10am – 2pm
To make an appointment, click on the link above or visit RedCrossBlood.org and type in ‘Fitchburg’ as the sponsor code when you search for this blood drive. You can also download the Blood Donor App. Save up to 15 minutes when you donate blood by using RapidPass! Visit RedCrossBlood.org/RapidPass for more information.
- All donations tested for COVID-19 antibodies. Results in 1-2 wks. RedCrossBlood.org/AntibodyTesting
- Join volunteer blood donors in making a lifesaving difference this April during National Volunteer Month.
- The Red Cross must collect about 13,000 blood donations every day for patients in need.
- Volunteer donors are the only source of blood and platelets for those in need of transfusions.
- Blood is needed for accident victims, heart surgery and organ transplant patients and those receiving treatment for leukemia, cancer or sickle cell disease.
- Eligible donors with types O, B negative or A negative blood are encouraged to make a Power Red donation at this blood drive.
- Power Red donors give a concentrated dose of red blood cells during a single donation, allowing them to maximize their impact. During this type of donation, red blood cells are separated from other blood components, and the plasma and platelets are safely and comfortably returned to the donor.
- Type O negative is the universal blood type and what emergency personnel reach for in trauma situations when there isn’t time to determine a patient’s blood type.
- Type O positive is the most transfused blood type and can be transfused to Rh-positive patients of any blood type.
- Types A negative and B negative can be transfused to Rh-positive or negative patients.
- Save time by using RapidPass® to complete your pre-donation reading and health history online before you come to your appointment. Get started at RedCrossBlood.org/RapidPass or by using the Blood Donor App.
- For detailed donor eligibility questions, please call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit RedCrossBlood.org.